Post: Restaurant Front of House, East Quay Kitchen
Full-time: 40 hours per week, evening and weekend work will be required.
Location: Watchet, Somerset.
Salary: Dependant on experience
Deadline for applications: Monday 19th February 2024
Start date: March
Responsible to: East Quay General Manager
Responsible for: Restaurant waiting and wash up staff
Work alongside: Head Chef, assistant chefs/cooks, café waiting and wash up staff, delivery, communications and events colleagues across the East Quay development.
Onion Collective is seeking an experienced, motivated Front of House Lead to manage the Front of House team at East Quay Kitchen.
East Quay kitchen has 35 covers internally with a further 40 covers in the courtyard during good weather. The focus of the restaurant is on Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food with a significant proportion of vegetarian and vegan dishes. We care deeply about sustainability and locally sourced ingredients. Our vision is a small restaurant bringing high quality food and service, enhancing the wider offer at East Quay.
Purpose of the post
To lead front of House at East Quay Kitchen ensuring exceptionally high standards in customer service. Working with the Kitchen team in delivery, ensuring great food, service and compliance. This is a role for someone who is keen to be part of helping us to create a welcoming, interesting and popular restaurant at East Quay.
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work. It is not wholly comprehensive or restrictive and may be reviewed as required; other responsibilities may be added depending on experience and need.
• Working closely with the chefs, General Manager and as part of the wider Onion Collective team to deliver high quality food and a friendly and efficient service.
• Line Management of the Front of House team, directing them clearly and effectively.
• Ensuring the smooth day-to-day operation of the restaurant throughout the year with fluctuating numbers of customers.
• Taking food and drink orders at tills/tables using EPOS system.
• Serving food and preparing hot and cold drinks.
• Undertaking barista training and managing the coffee machine.
• Clearing tables and assisting with the washing-up of all light equipment in the servery and kitchen.
• Ensuring all areas of the restaurant and courtyard are kept clean at all times with cleaning schedules adhered to.
• Opening and closing restaurant including cashing up and locking up the building (key holder).
• Training, supervising and managing the Front of House team.
• Facilitating positive and effective communication with the whole team including Kitchen team and the wider East Quay team and attending meetings as required.
• Helping to deliver our aspiration to be a welcoming environment for everyone, sensitive to complex needs.
• Dealing with complaints and conflict situations.
• Ordering and receiving stock and other supplies as required and managing any shortfalls or quality issues.
• Communicating with suppliers to ensure high quality products are procured for best possible price and reflecting our sustainability aims.
• Ensuring highest standards of health and hygiene, weekly cleaning and record keeping, maintaining compliance with all relevant legislation and standards including Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, COSHH, safe working practices, cleanliness and fire.
• Dealing with daily administration including paperwork and email including cashing up sheets, staffing sheets, rotas, delivery notes and invoices relevant to the role.
• Working with General Manager and admin team on staff rotas, leave, sickness etc to ensure suitable forward planning and cover.
• Reviewing and assessing success with the General Manager and wider team and making agreed changes in response.
• Complying with all Onion Collective policies and procedures and supporting the team to do the same.
• Undertake other reasonable duties as required.
• Experienced Front of House lead who is looking for their next challenge.
• Enthusiasm for getting stuck in and helping us to develop the new restaurant.
• Aptitude for collaborative working, open dialogue and non-hierarchical approaches to development and delivery.
• Good leadership and management skills and experience.
• Great time management and organisational skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills including problem solving
• Enthusiastic, motivated and keen to fit in with the ethos of East Quay and Onion Collective.
• Great customer service, keen to go over and above.
• Ability to stay calm, focussed and efficient under pressure.
• Reliable, patient and flexible, keen to learn and develop.
• Level 2 food hygiene.
• Please send a CV including two referees and a letter of application (maximum 2 sides) detailing:
• Your suitability for the position
• Relevant experience
• Why you want to work at East Quay Kitchen
• What makes great customer service
Please apply to email@example.com by Monday 19th February. We will review and consider applications as they arrive and may be in touch before the closing date if your application is of interest.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact our General Manager Naomi on 07866 730093 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want our company to be representative of all sections of society and welcome applications from everyone. Equality and diversity considerations are not an ‘add on’ to the work that we do, rather enabling access and engagement to the broadest range of people from and beyond our community is the very reason for our existence. We are committed to achieving a truly inclusive environment for all, providing an atmosphere where everyone can take part, learn, work and engage free from prejudice, discrimination, harassment and violence. We would be grateful if you could please complete our Equal Opportunities form.
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory references, satisfactory enhanced DBS check, andthe right to work in the UK.Caring responsibilities or other personal circumstances that may impact role and availabilityWe have a dynamic and flexible internal culture that gives employees control over the way theywork and supports wellbeing. We will be as flexible as we possibly can be in terms of supportingstaff to balance their work and their personal lives. This role may require staff members to workat weekends and evenings. We are keen to have a conversation to find practical solutions to meetcandidates’ own situations whilst meeting the needs of the organisation. The position is advertisedas a full-time role, but please do talk to us if caring responsibilities or other circumstances meanyou would like to discuss possibilities in this respect.